Friday, April 13, 2007

Bellobration!!!!


I haven't been to the circus since I was a kid, and Dan says he can't remember ever going to the circus, so we were a little excited when one of our friends called and said they had scored some free tickets to Ringling Bros. & Barnum and Bailey's circus show, BELLOBRATION!!! What an event.

For those of you who don't know, or haven't had the pleasure of attending the bellobration already, BELLO is actually the name of a strange clown who like most clowns is a little bit goofy, and doesn't speak. But he also has a beautiful flat top hair style that sets him apart from all others. Incidentally, TIME magazine named him America's best clown. What an honor!!! Observe here:


The best part of the whole show was catchy booming song they sang about bello, it went something like this....
We'll have a bello bello bello bello belllllloooooobraaaaattttiooooonnnnnnn
We'll have a bello bello bello bello belllllloooooobraaaaattttiooooonnnnnnn
We'll have a bello bello bello bello belllllloooooobraaaaattttiooooonnnnnnn
We'll have a bello bello bello bello belllllloooooobraaaaattttiooooonnnnnnn
We'll have a bello bello bello bello belllllloooooobraaaaattttiooooonnnnnnn

the song continued to repeat these great lyrics about 50 times over.

It was great, and has been stuck in my head ever since, which may explain why I currently have a head ache (in case the sarcasm isn't coming through this song will haunt me all my days). I tried to find the song for you to hear with your own ears, but alas i-tunes didn't have it and neither did anywhere else I looked.

All of this was a little too much for our friends little one year old guy. Let's just say he didn't much like bello, and they may have discovered that booming drums and flashing lights are little too much just yet! They had to duck out early because he wasn't taking the whole circus thing to well. Anyway, Dan and I were a little amazed at some the death defying feats performed (and we live in NY where you practically see a circus on the subway every day!)

But probably the highlight of the night was my fall. Now those of you that know me well can attest to the fact that I am not the most physically coordinated person on the planet (can we say klutzy?) and in the dark, on the steep cement steps that by midway through the circus were covered in popcorn and what I think was soda pop, I totally slipped down the stairs and my shoe went flying through the air. The best part of all of this was that Dan missed the whole thing because he had seen someone in the crowd we knew and was running over to say hi. There were people around me, and a family behind me waiting to get down the stairs and not a single on of them even asked me if I was okay! Oh well, I collected my shoe, rubbed my aching back (stairs in your back are not a good feeling!) and went on my way.

All of this made the bellobration a uniquely bizarre, fun, and memorable night!

No comments: