Monday, June 4, 2007

Our no name fish



Saturday night when I came home from running errands the first thing Dan said when I walked in the door is, "I have a surprise for you, we have to go up to 86th street tonight to get it." I was a little confused wondering what the surprise could be, but we made plans to go to dinner and then go get the "surprise". After a fun dinner at a sidewalk cafe ( I love sitting outside because there is the best people watching) we headed up to 86th. Dan was a little shocked I hadn't guessed where we were going yet, since surprising me is pretty much impossible, but really, I was clueless. We kept walking and he kept asking me if I knew where we were going, but I was so confused. Finally, we stopped at the corner, and Dan said, "We're going to get a pet!" I looked up and sure enough the letters P-E-T-C-O were staring right back at me. I was still confused, but let me explain. I love dogs, absolutley love them, and I have had a dog most of my life, or at least as long as I can remember, until this past year when both of the dogs I had grown up with died within a couple of months of each other. Now, I think it is cruel and inhimane to own a dog in New York and keep them locked up in a tiny apartment while you are gone at work all day, but I would love to have a dog to take on walks in the park. Anyway, we obviously weren't there to get a dog, but Dan did think it would be a good idea if we got a pet fish. So after about ten minutes of browsing, we decided on a good old beta. He is purple and blue and so pretty! The problem is, we are having a really hard time thinking of a name for him, do any of you out there in the blogging world have any good ideas?

4 comments:

Brynn and Jesse said...

I'm so glad you got a pet! I'm the same as you; I've grown up with a dog all of my life and it has been so hard not to have one. That's one of the reasons I can't wait until we move into a house!! Unfortunately I don't have any name suggestions. I will ask Jesse if he can think of any.

Jill said...

maybe you could name it gill. or gilbert. ha!

Caitlin said...

Gil reminds me of Anne of Green Gables! Love it! I will keep that in mind!

Go Boo Boo said...

You are in great company, Kate & Josh have kept Swimmy alive for like 5 years (amazing for a gold fish!). It's so easy to find a good name if you ask a kid, they tend to be so clever with naming things. My mind is blank, you will think of a clever one.