Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It finally happened...

It was really only a matter of time, but since I hadn't seen him in the almost six months I've been working at my current job, I was wondering if I was ever really going to. To fill you in I work in the same building that houses the corporate headquarters for Polo/Ralph Lauren. This is slightly ironic because before I got my current job, I had been interviewing to be the personal assistant for Mrs. Ricky Lauren (yes that is Ralph's wife). As part of the interview process I had a couple of interviews at the Polo offices, one of which was in Ralph Lauren's personal office. Let's just say it was pretty cool and will forever be one of my most awesome NY stories. The polo offices (pictured below)are amazing, you step off the elevator and you feel like you are in an 18th century British manor or something like that. I swoon every time the elevator stops on one of the floors that Polo occupies because I get a glimpse of the gorgeous rugs and mahogany paneling-and the dishes of peanut M&M's they have everywhere because that is Ralph's favorite candy. Anyway, yesterday as I was leaving work, and walking through the lobby of our building, I saw him, the one and only Ralph Lauren. He was with his daughter Dylan (Of Dylan's Candy Bar in NYC) and they were heading out to the street to get in their car. Ralph was decked out in a white linen suit and aviator shades looking quite fashionable. The best part is, we made eye contact and he smiled at me! It was an exciting addition to an otherwise uneventful day at work, and needless to say, it is always fun when you get a smile from someone famous!

8 comments:

Brynn and Jesse said...

That is very exciting!! And it totally reminds me of the episode of Friends when Pheobe thinks she made out with Ralph Lauren! Very funny!!!

Kathryn said...

Love it! Congrats Cait! I know that you have been wanting to see him.

Molly said...

Wow, how exciting. I love seeing famous people. It is really quite ridiculous how exciting it is. He is one good looking old man!

Jill said...

wow! I would definitely be a little star-struck. Its so fun to see people that are so well known.

Julia said...

How exciting. I have to admit that am a total prep-- and love Ralph Lauren clothes. I am a sucker for my boy in Polo (love the purple label, can't wait to see what the black label has to offer this fall).

Kristy Stoner said...

That is dang cool!

Enjoy Celebrations and Occasions said...

I am most impressed!

Jen Richards said...

Great Story! I would tell that to everyone. Too bad his wife missed out on a great assistant. Her loss!