Tuesday, March 11, 2008

favorite things

I don't know if I've ever mentioned my love and attachment to pussy willows. When I was a little girl, my grandmother had pussy willows growing in her backyard. I remember picking off the fuzzy little pods and rolling them between my finger for what seemed like hours. I was always so curious about how a plant could grow fur.

Pussy Willows are a great option for spring decorating because they are cheap, simple and understated but can add a rustic feeling when mixed with any other spring flowers. I've been spotting pussy willows all around the neighborhood flower markets in the last week which can only mean one thing-use them to spruce up your home for Easter!

A vase of pussy willows would look adorable with some hollowed out eggs hanging as ornaments from the branches (you can find store bought ones for this purpose at many craft and home decor stores) or if you are feeling really crafty, try making these nests courtesy of Martha.

No comments: