Wednesday, October 8, 2008

fun things


We did many fun things while we were in Utah, but one of my favorite things I did was head to an exhibit at the Kimball Art Center in Park City. This is one of my favorite places to pop in because they always have such diverse and interesting exhibits. When I stopped by this time, the art center was featuring two artists who really stuck with me. One of these was Erin W. Berrett.

I seem to recall reading about Erin somewhere else because her paintings seemed really familiar to me. The exhibit I saw was a series of shoe paintings she had done and I just loved how each different pair of shoes took on a life of their own and really felt "lived in". You should definitely check out Erin's work. If I had $2,000 burning a hole in my pocket I definitely would have snatched up one of her paintings.

No comments: