Monday, March 16, 2009

Happiness is a handful of gumballs



I spotted this at a thrift store a couple months back. She was sitting on the shelf screaming, "take me home, I belong to you!" So without objection I did just that. She is the friendly kind of gumball machine, the kind that doesn't require pennies, just the turn of the wrist. Perhaps the thing I love about her best of all is how she reminds me of childhood. She is sitting on our bookshelf now and every time I catch a glimpse the her rainbow it makes me smile.

4 comments:

Jill said...

we have one at my mom's house. it's great. it is usually filled with things of the chocolate variety.

Kate said...

I have one of these in my storage room... It is hidden away... wait a few years and you will know why.

Sine family said...

Love this. So glad you gave it a good home.

Mindi said...

Me and my brothers got one of these from my Grandparents when I was younger. I think we had to put a penny (or any coin) in to make it turn... at least that's what they told us. Our gum balls were gone in no time.. and then what fun is a gum ball machine to a ten year old? ... I wonder what ever happened to mine?

It would be fun to have around the house.. so colorful.