Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sew What?


I have had this urge lately to sew! Alas, no room for sewing machine in tiny new york apartment, yet another reason to move! But seriously, in the last week I have thought of twenty or so little projects I could do on the sewing machine. I always love making stuff but I am on a real craft kick right now, and the hard thing about that is in NYC they don't have Michaels or Roberts super stores that have every supply you need. Most everything is is sold in specialty stores which means 1 project= running around the city like a crazy woman to 5 different stores! We'll see, I might have to stock up on craft supplies on my visit home to Utah.

The thing that really put me over the edge was learning (from the new issue of Blueprint) that my favorite yarn shop, Purl Soho now carries the most adorable fabrics you have ever seen! Now, I need to start another quilt (I currently have 3 half-sewn)like I need a hole in my head, but the fabrics here are hard to resist! Especially the children's ones! Just for now I may have to settle for some new sew projects, but I can still buy fabric to save right?

Purl also has a great blog that I have linked on mine. They follow different craft projects people are making and also provide great resources for patterns, ideas, and all around inspriation! It's worth a look on their website! http://www.purlsoho.com

2 comments:

Jill said...

We are definitely going on a field trip!

go boo boo said...

I collect fabrics too! I have many unfinished sewing projects. That store looks awesome!