Sunday, September 2, 2007

Newport


In 24 hours Newport Rhode Island became one of my favorite places I have ever been! It was so charming and historic and I absolutely loved seeing the amazing mansions while we were there.


This is Dan wandering through this overcrowded antique shop we discovered. It definitely had some cool finds


Dan in front of The Breakers, the former summer home of the Vanderbilt family.


The view from the backyard of The Breakers, can you imagine the type of parties they used to throw here? I am sure they were absolutely amazing!


A view of the Ocean walk, and the cliffs


Dan peeking into the garden of another mansion


Me in front of Rosecliff, this is where they filmed The Great Gatsby


Dan and I behind Rosecliff


There were neat old delapidated houses all over newport


We were loving these colorful adirondack chairs in front of a local store


Newport was so romantic!

It was a great little summer getaway and we wish we could have stayed longer!

7 comments:

Weed Family said...

great pictures! looks like fun!

Kate said...

It looks like a neat place to visit! Just like I would imagine it to be.

Julia said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great time. We will all have to do a big group road-trip sometime-- I'm still thinking Vermont in October...

Unknown said...

These pictures are incredible. You're so talented! We went to Newport a year or so ago and loved it as well, except for the fact that it poured rain over 1/2 the time we were there.

Anonymous said...

looks like a great trip! I think Steve and I need to go...

Ashley said...

Caitlin,
It's Ashley Beck. Katherine told me about your blog and I have to say that it's definitely my favorite blog out there. You make it so interesting to read and I love how you put some a variety of things up. Wait to go! Keep up the good work of entertaining all of us on a long day at work. Hope you're doing well!

go boo boo said...

looks like fun. i've heard the mansions are awesome to see.