Wednesday, December 3, 2008

choo choo


I remember being a kid and loving everything in miniature, and I am not sure I ever outgrew that. I was one of those children with wild imaginations that would get swept up in pretend. I specifically remember convincing myself that a town called Kaysville on the way to my cousin's house was a miniature city where miniature people lived and drove miniature cars, and had miniature dogs. In my defense things usually do look smaller from the freeway. 

Speaking of miniature, yesterday I went to meet Dan at his office building. For the holidays they set up special exhibit of miniature toy trains in the lobby. It is an event publicized all over New York and well worth the effort to go to for kids and adults alike. I have to say I was enthralled, but the funny thing was, so was Winston. He was mesmerized by all the little trains  and just staring and staring at them. When 2 or 3 would pas near us he would get all giddy and start kicking his legs. I guess the hopes that we would be spared a Thomas the Tank Engine phase were just hopes. 

If you are in the area, you should definitely pop by. And if not, check out this link

1 comment:

Sam, Julie, Tucker & Maizie said...

oh cute!! YOURE MOVING!!??? yay! Cait, we always go to San Diego, like seriously 5-6 times a year so we'll have to hook up next time we go! wahoo!