Thursday, August 9, 2007

anchors away!

By now I have read about Rebecca Thuss who worked as a stylist at Martha Stewart Weddings on about 5 blogs. She is so amazing and creative! When I saw this image of a wedding she styled, I had to post it because last week when I spotted these flags on the land of nod I thought how cute it would be to do a little boys birthday party with a sailing theme! The flag on the left is from the Land of Nod, and the flags on the right are from Oriental Trading, only $2.95. I love the primary colors and it would be so easy to use the flags and a couple of other decorative items a long with napkins, plates, etc, in red, white, blue, yellow. And of course, I would definitely have to make the cupcakes (upper right hand corner) courtesy of Martha Stewart! Plus, I would put all the party favors in little plastic sand pails with the guests names on them, and you could take some adorable pics with all the kids in little sailor hats! So cute! Although, I guess it would have to be a party for a one or two year old, because most my nephews want to have Spiderman or Star wars birthday parties these days. I guess it is better to get them before they are old enough to have an opinion of their very own!Is anyone in the market for a children's birthday party planner?

I think that may be my calling in life!

No comments: