Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Bargain Hunter


All I can say is that I had a fortunate occurrence of Serendipity this weekend when it came to finding fabric for my chair. Last Saturday, Dan and I rented a car for a day of sightseeing outside the city, and running errands. It was pretty grand to be out in the open and sneak a peek a beautiful leaves in Westchester. After a few stops at Stew Leonards, Costco, and Target, we trusted our lovely GPS to take us to the nearest Cheesecake Factory (okay okay so I have been jealous of all you Utah people that now have one of your own). Well our trusty little Garmin lead us over the Tappan Zee bridge and straight to one of the biggest malls I have ever been to, the Palisades. Not only is there a Cheesecake factory here, but there is every other store in the world including a Joann's fabric superstore. I was in heaven needless to say, and to make along story short, I ended up getting the fabric pictured above to reupholster my chair for $3/yard. So basically, it was steal. I spent the rest of the weekend stripping and re-upholstering and I have to say, so far so good. I'll post pictures as soon as I am done. I am still giddy over my awesome bargain!

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Super cute fabric! But I also want to ask you how you like your GPS. I want to get one for my hubby this Christmas but I need recommendations! Which one do you have?

Ashley said...

I am so impressed that you did this. I'm embarassed to admit that I wouldn't know where to begin on re-upholstering ANYTHING!

Caitlin said...

Honestly this is the first thing I have ever re upholstered and it isn't as hard as you would think.

Oh and Kellie, I will find out what model we have but I know it is a Garmin and we really love it!

k. said...

Love it. And I want to know how you do it, so I can do it too.

Kristy Stoner said...

WOW! $3 is a steal! Good find! I love the fabric too. It will match your chair perfectly!