Monday, January 28, 2008

Follow the prophet


I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had over the last 12 years to hear the words and counsel of our beloved Prophet of the LDS church, Gordon B. Hinckley who passed away last night. He was truly a great man who lived a life of example and service and I know that all members of the church will miss him and his unexpected wit and loving counsel dearly. I had been thinking about him all afternoon because of a quote we read at a Primary training yesterday from him. During his leadership as prophet I was constantly amazed at what a deep level he understood the needs and concerns of the church. I am glad to know he is now reunited with is dear wife Marjorie.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

This was such a great post - thanks Caitlin for reminding all of us what an incredible leader he has been!

Kathryn said...

I love that picture. Thanks Cait!
I hope that you guys are doing well...we miss you! xoxo