Sunday, May 25, 2008

potty training


I have to give Dan some credit for being a good husband in a way that I didn't learn to appreciate until recently. We have had a lot of house guests in the last weeks who have had to deal with our floors creaking on my nightly trips to the potty in the middle of the night since we all know being pregnant makes you have to pee about every 10 minutes. Well, one of these guests (who will remain nameless) left the toilet seat up-which meant when I stumbled in there blind as a bat in the darkness of the night, I totally fell in!!!

So, rather than be mad about this, and my gross wet pajamas, I realized that never in our almost four years of marriage has Dan left the toilet seat up. This was something I never knew to thank him for until now, but after my experience the other night, I totally appreciate.

Thank you Dan, I'm glad I don't have to worry about this when it is just me and you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

John is also an excellent husband in this regard, and we have also had houseguests who made me grateful for him. So sorry - that's no fun at any time, but especially in the middle of the night.

Molly said...

Adam also needs props for this... except for this one time, when I was also preggo! I can totally relate, wet pj's and all!

Jill said...

the skousen party is not guilty! :) we sure appreciate your hospitality.

k. said...

Oh man, really?! No fun!

Mike is good at the seat-down habbit as well. Thank goodness.

Brynn and Jesse said...

This story made me laugh! I've got my nightime bathroom breaks down to a science and if someone left the seat up I totally wouldn't notice until it's too late.