Monday, March 16, 2009

there's no place like home


I guess the great thing about "Home" is that is never changes. However, this is leaving me feeling a little like Dorothy when she wakes up from her dream and is trying to tell everyone about Oz. We've only been back in Salt Lake for two weeks and I already feel like our experiences living away we're just a dream and that they never really even happened. Don't get me wrong, It is wonderful to have so many family in friends here, it is wonderful to have a life, and friends to be able to jump right into, but it just feels a little weird to be here, to be Home. It is weird to run into people I know pretty much everywhere,  and weird to have people around me that have known me all my life. 

I guess the strangest thing for me is how quickly all the memories and feeling from my old life are fading away. Why does this happen? Sometimes I think it must be your memory's way of helping you move on, helping you move forward. I feel like now that we are here life is speeding ahead a million miles an hour, but I keep looking back to see if I can still see where we've been. 



image via

3 comments:

Jill said...

you better not.

don't move on. ok, you can move forward. but i'm not gonna fade into any background. :)

miss you.

Lizzie said...

What a perfect comparison. I remember feeling like that when I got home to SLC from London Study Abroad - in fact I read The Wizard of Oz for the first time while I was in London.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE all the ones with winston and dan! soooo darling... except when h is throwing, i think even winston is terrified!