Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Spice it up!

All you new yorkers get ready, because I have a great new discovery for you. If you like Thai food you will love this! One of our favorite restaurants near where we live is called Spice. It's not too far from our apartment and they have the best Pad Thai I have ever had! No kidding. I knew about spice from when I lived in the village since they also have a location on University Place too. The great thing about these restaurants is the prices are cheap and the atmosphere is expensive, by this I mean that their restaurants are hip and cool and just the way you would imagine a NY hot spot to be. Well...last night Dan and I headed to Williamsburg to meet up with one of my NYU friends Christina for dinner. We hadn't decided where to go before hand, but when we got there she suggested this really great place called Sea, which I guess is basically kind of Williamsburg landmark. When we got there I was floored
Yes, it is really was just as cool as it looks in the picture, in fact maybe cooler. Anyhow, everything we ordered was amazing including the Pad Thai but especially the banana spring rolls (yummmmm)! I loved it! I kept telling Dan we need to take our next visitors there because Sea is just that cool. Well, as it turned out Christina mentioned they also have a location in the East Village, so of course this morning I had to look it up.....As it turns out, Spice and Sea are sister restaurants (which explains why I love the pad Thai so much)! And between the two they have a location in almost every part of the city, so wherever you are, there is probably a location convenient to you. If you are a New Yorker, you must check this out! www.spicenyc.net

3 comments:

Suzi said...

Such a great tip-thanks! Spice is so yummy and I always love hearing about new good restaurants. Any excuse to eat out...

Jill said...

wow that looks amazing! both restaurants are on my list now. another one to add, 'fragole'-- a fantastic little italian place down in carroll gardens, brooklyn. the pasta sauces are fantastic (especially the pink sauce!) and their specials are delish. (very reasonable prices too!)

Kate said...

Sounds yummy! Can't wait to see you and Dan in a few weeks.