Friday, June 13, 2008

tourists


Yesterday as I was riding the subway up to meet Dan at Central Park, I had to bite my tongue not to laugh at the family sitting across from me. Picture this, a frumpy mom with short permed hair, a touristy NY shirt, black fanny pack and high tops. A tired dad with girbaud jeans, a trucker hat, and another touristy NY shirt. 5 teenage sons all clad in various touristy NY shirts wearing their jansport backpacks, cameras hanging around their necks and NY tour guide books stuck back in their pockets. At one point the mom started spontaneously mouthing the words to some oldies song. I'm pretty sure they must have been from Morgan or Panguitch Utah, or somewhere in the Midwest. I really wish I could have taken a picture of them and recorded their conversations for your enjoyment. They were just too funny. I totally understand you had to be there, but it just made me wonder what people think of my family when all of us are on vacation.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Hilarious! I wish you would have taken a picture. I don't understand why people feel the need to proclaim that they are tourists when they come to town-- do they seriously think that those shirts that practically scream "I'm from Indiana" are cool?